MIDAS (Maritime Inter-Disciplinary Arts Seminar) is pleased to present
Academic Freedom and Ethical Responsibility: A Roundtable Discussion
Friday Feb 20th, 3pm to 5pm
HWK 107 (UNBSJ) VIDEO-LINKED TO Marshall D’Avery 126A (UNBF)
This Interdisciplinary Colloquium will address the dual questions of what is academic freedom and what are the professional ethics that go along with it.
- Academic freedom within the Academy (Dr. Miriam Jones, Department of Humanities and languages / President, AUNBT)
- Academic freedom in a societal context (Dr. Jon Thompson, Emeritus, Department of Mathematics and Statistics)
- Academic freedom and Arts’ research (Dr. Christopher Doran, Department of Social Sciences)
- Academic freedom and political responsibility (Dr. Bob Whitney, Department of History and Politics)
- Academic freedom and the student body (Cody Hicks, graduate student)
OPEN DISCUSSION TO FOLLOW
All are welcome to attend. Light refreshments will be served.